Uber announced today Uber for Business. Making Uber more enticing for businesses to allow or encourage employees to use Uber services.
Uber for Business will allow companies to create an account for the company and invite their employees that travel to the account via their business email address. Allowing the employee to bill their company directly without the hassle of having to file expenses, and be paperless.
DON’T HAVE AN UBER ACCOUNT? SIGN UP WITH THE LINK BELOW AND RECEIVE $30 CREDIT FOR YOUR FIRST RIDE
I’ll go out and say Uber integrated this feature well. Making it very easy for you to switch between your personal account and business account. Most riders signing up for Uber for Business will be existing customers. All they will have to do is add and confirm their business email address on their account.
Uber says this will allow customers to seamlessly switch between their business account and personal account. Which means business travel is automatically expensed and personal trips stay personal.
Why did I say this will entice businesses to allow their employees to use Uber? You might have heard back in June the University of California system banned its workers from using services such as Uber, Lyft and Airbnb on business trips because of issues about regulations and liability. Uber has always been working to address these issues and has made considerable advances with meeting regulations and improving their insurance policies for passengers as well as for drivers.
Those improvements and the introduction of Uber for Business makes Uber that much more legit for companies to embrace and even prefer for their employees to use Uber over other transportation methods that have fallen behind. The simple fact that its much more productive will have companies signing up.
One of the examples Uber gave was Tesla Motors, who currently uses Uber at its Service Centers around the country to give customers a convenient and reliable ride while their vehicle is being serviced.
Here’s how it works:
- Employers visit our signup page to create a business account with Uber’s web portal
- From there, they link the payment method of choice and add employees to the account
- Once added, employees will automatically receive an email invitation to join their team or company Uber account
- Managers or administrations immediately have trip information at their fingertips, as well as other key metrics such as the number of trips and the total amount spent on travel weekly, monthly and annually
For Business Travelers
- If you already use and love Uber, this option will pop up in your account once you verify your work email address
- From there, all users will be able to easily toggle between payment options, which means business travel is automatically expensed and personal trips stay personal
- Double bonus: this fall, American Express Corporate Cardholders participating in Membership Rewards in the US will have the option to earn double points or use points to pay for Uber rides
3 Easy Steps
Source: Uber Twitter, Photo: Uber Blog, Uber for Business