Looking for a low price plan for your mobile phone service? Want to pay only for what you use? I highly recommend Ting mobile cellular service. Start off by trying it free by using this promo link and receive $25 credit when you sign up.
I wrote a detailed article on my experience with Ting that you can read here. If you don’t have time, these are the key points to take into consideration:
- First I recommend you use it with a GSM phone
- If you plan on using any data make sure you get the GSM chip. CDMA network sucks, phone service is good on both networks
- Use Apps and Wifi to keep your bill low
- If you add multiple lines onto the same account they share the minutes, text and data (even if one is on GSM and the other on CDMA), adding multiple low usage lines can save you lots of money compared to other carriers.
- On your Ting dashboard you can also turn off text or data on individual lines. Very helpful if you plan on using apps to keep cost down.
Ting charges you in tiers based on how many minutes, text and data you use. Use apps and wifi to keep the cost down as much as possible. This article I mentioned before, goes into detail on what apps and what setting to change.